A slightly smaller utility knife in the same fantastic design and quality as Audgeirr - Chef's knife.
This utility knife is just like the chef's knife made of a 67 layer Damascus steel with a core of VG10, which gives it the same fine properties and appearance as the larger chef's knife.
The handle is made of pakka wood with an elegant wave-shaped pattern in brown and black. Has a strong resistance to wear and water.
The knife is delivered in a black box in coarse cardboard which both works as a gift package but can also be used as a storage box for the knife when not in use.
- Blade length: 13 cm
- Total length including handle: approx. 25 cm
- 67 layers of Damascus steel (VG10) - Often used in Japanese kitchen knives.
- HRC: 60 +/- 2 (Hardness)
- Handle in packaged wood
- Very good stain-resistant steel.
- Needs minimal care to avoid corrosion.
- A very good and durable edge that is easy to grind
In short, a really good quality knife that will be your friend in the kitchen for many years to come and which of course fits best with the larger chef's knife from Audgeirr.
Take care of your knives:
- Use a good cutting board
- Do not store knives in a box where they rub against each other. Instead, put them in a knife block or magnetic knife strip
- Always wash the knife by hand (NEVER in the dishwasher)
- Knives need to be maintained (sharpened) to remain sharp. This should be done with a sharpening stick or a grindstone, or alternatively, the knife could be sent to a professional firm for proper sharpening to regain its original sharpness.